The Marina has been designed to cope with emergencies such as extreme weather, fire, environmental pollution, health issues, shipwrecks and electricity cuts etc. To achieve this the Marina is equipped with:
- an extensive control network to detect and extinguish fires
- multipoint mooring spot
- medical services
- control pollution and purification systems
- divers and cranes for hoisting damaged vessels etc.
- all the facilities in the Marina are equipped with fire stations which have push button alarm systems and firefighting equipment. This equipment, and all other protection systems and equipment, is checked frequently by an electronic central control and monitoring system so that any problems are detected and dealt with as soon as possible.
Moreover, the Marina has:
- an extensive Public Announcement and Information system which is able to reach everyone in the Marina area
- muster points to be used in earthquakes
- a rescue station with rescue equipment such as life jackets, buoys and rescue ladders
- electricity generators so that the Marina is able to be self-sufficient in a power cut and to ensure that it continues to operate smoothly by meeting the most important needs of the facilities and infrastructure.